PDA Mini-CIP CIPR Sensor Manifold
Use inner vertical slider to view all text in scroll box.
The CIPR Sensor Manifold connects the circuit CIPR line to the Mini-CIP Skid. Significant engineering design and operational features include:
- Though this Demo/Instructional CIP Skid operates at substantially reduced flow rates than most commercial CIP systems, standard sensors of sanitary design are required. These in turn need the installation nozzle to be of a standard size. The Mini-CIP Skid CIPR Manifold is therefore the same 3″ OD tubing used for this function in commercial CIP Skids operating at 25 to 100 Gpm, or more.
- At a flow rate of 15 Gpm this manifold would not run full enough to cover the sensor probes. The clamp joint to the Drain Valve is fitted with a restrictor disc containing a moon-shaped top outlet hole with the same area as a 1-1/2″ tube, plus a small drain hole tangent to the bottom tube ID.
- From the left, the first sensor is the Return Probe, a discreet probe used only at the beginning of the program to sense return flow following the first rinse water delivery to the circuit. If the probe senses water within a defined time period (a) the circuit is known to be complete, with (b) all valves open, (c) all required pumps operating, and (d) a water supply available to the Water Tank.
- The second sensor is the CIPR RTD, to indicated and record for regulatory purposes, the return flow temperature.
- The third probe is the Conductivity Sensor, invoked following completion of chemcal addition and a controlled mixing time. CIP program advance is stopped until adequate Conductivity is verified, which in turn confirms the proper System Fill and Alkali Feed volumes, as well as adequate alkaline cleaner in the supply reservoir.
- The fourth probe is the Resistivity Sensor, invoked following completion of chemical addition and a controlled mixing time. CIP program advance is stopped until adequate Conductivity is verified, which in turn confirms the proper System Fill and Acid Feed volumes, as well as adequate acid cleaner in the supply reservoir.
- An eccentric 3″ x 2″ reducer connects the CIPR Manifold to the Return (Recycle) Valve.