Single-Tank Single-Use CIP Skids
Electrol Specialties Company’s Single-Tank Single-Use CIP Systems are designed to provide fully automated cleaning of the process equipment and piping of pilot to production scale biotech and pharmaceutical processes, with an absolute minimum utility requirement, and in the smallest possible installed footprint. A typical CIP skid includes a water supply/wash solution recirculation tank, CIP supply pump, heat exchanger, flow control valves, instrumentation, chemical addition system and control panel…all mounted in a footprint that can be as compact as 3 ft (1 m) wide by 6 ft (2.0 m) long. These skids are supplied in two versions. The STBP (Single Tank By Pass) skid operates in the by-pass mode for vessel cleaning but provides for CIPR flow to the water/solution tank when cleaning lines. The STTR (Single-Tank Tangential Return) version provides the means of disengaging large quantities of air from return flow from tank or line circuits. A Single-Tank Single-Pass version can also be supplied for applications where recycle of fluids through the CIP Skid is not desired. This concept is limited to low volume circuits due to water, heat and chemical consumption needs. Subsequent pages (non-printable) provide flow diagrams and operating information for all three versions.
The standard STBP and STTR CIP skids support cleaning operations:
- At flow rates to 80 gpm (300 LPM).
- With the volume of cleaning solution required to fill the CIPS/R piping plus 2-3 gal (7-10L) for the STSU Bypass skid, or 12-15 gal (45-60L) for the STTR skid.
- Gravity return may suffice when applied in multi-floor facilities. CIP return pumps are required for vessels at same level as either skid. Conventional low-speed (1750 Rpm) centrifugal pumps are preferred as the unique bypass operation of the STSU or level controlled return flow of the STTR eliminate all normal flow balancing problems and assure a minimal puddle in the vessel being cleaned and reliable continuous return flow.
- Both skids require the supply of water of the required quality at a flow rate slightly in excess of the maximum required CIP flow.
- Higher capacity skids are custom designed to customer requirements.
ESC provides complete material traceability data, weld maps, weld logs, and hardware/software factory acceptance test (FAT) for your validation turnover documentation package. Additional validation assistance is available.
SINGLE-TANK SINGLE USE CIP SYSTEM FEATURES:
- Complete fully automated CIP System in minimum space requirement.
- Optimized operation for reduced water and chemical usage decreases purified water consumption and waste neutralization load
- Cleans tanks up to 25,000 L capacity and lines from 1/2 in. (DN 15) to 3 in. (DN 80) diameter.
- Convenient, accurate, and safe automated chemical injection.
- Variable speed CIP supply pump.
- Complete instrumentation package including:
- CIP Supply Pressure
- CIP Supply Flow Rate
- CIP Supply Temperature
- CIP Return Temperature
- CIP Return Conductivity
- CIP Return Resistivity
- Constructed to meet cGMP, Gamp, 3-A, and BPE standards.
- pH sensor
- Electropolish finish
- Automated final rinse sampling